December 3, 2010

Building a fort

The boys have really wanted to build a fort.  Usually we use cardboard boxes for forts but the only boxes we have are pretty small and so there's a lot of fighting over who's turn it is.  Today I decided we were going to turn their whole room into a fort.  After searching the house for random items to use as support rods, and stealing some clamps from the workshop, plus a whole lot of clothes pins, ribbon ties, and creative tucking, we pulled it together.  We added the lights that the boys have been begging to put up somewhere now that they've been seeing Christmas lights everywhere.  The fort turned out great.  They loved the lights.  They played and had pillow fights.  They had snack time and story time.  They want it to stay up "forever".  And yes, my kid is in his underwear (we're potty training) and shorts (he's seasonally challenged).

There were no injuries in the making or testing of this fort.  I did laugh along with them.  I did smile during and not after.  I did yell once, when they tried testing the weight limit by throwing a bunch of stuff on top of the 'roof'.  I'm amazed it did not all come crashing down.  They were fascinated by the lights.  Once it started getting dark we added another night light and it was like a whole new fort for them. 

On a side note my camera is sick.  I know I need to send it off for repair but I'm too afraid my baby won't be home in time for Christmas (or the cost of her repairs will wipe out Christmas). I have been using my camera less since its illness has made getting a decent shot so difficult, hence the lull in posts (and the complete lack of Futhey family Thanksgiving pictures, sorry!).  But now I've decided I'm content with less than perfect pictures rather than no pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment